Sunday, January 03, 2010

The latest in a long line...


Well.. its not quite midnight ... actually a few hours away, though since I just competed this layout for a challenge on The Boxx which required a title with an "emotion- word" in it and atleast two paragraphs of journalling, I figured that I would upload it here too so that I could share it with you guys too... the rest of my layouts will be photographed and uploaded tomorrow, as promised.
Its not blog candy in a cheery way... its a rather sad layout, though it is a milestone... a turning point for me. It is the first layout that I have been able to create for my dad who was stolen from me 16 years ago. I am hoping that now the proverbial flood gate has been lifted so to speak, that you will be seeing more layouts dedicated to the man that was always my hero..

Anyway... I have a uniform to iron... a shower to be had... a little girl that needs tucking and a man that needs hugging... so best I go, leave you be and get on with it.
~hugs~

2 comments:

Danielle Sheehan said...

Hey honey!
beautiful LO, thankyou for sharing your story - had to hold the tears back. just beautiful xx

Miss cath said...

Firstly sweetie (((((hugs)))))
I am so happy that you have been able to scrap this. I know just how difficult it is and yet how important it is to have a record of your dad and how important he is to you
So very proud of you - sitting here typing with tears in my eyes. Love you MWAH